If you frequently use HP Deskjet printers, here are the steps to configure your HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 with your home or office wireless router.
• First, make sure the HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 printer and wireless router are turned on
• Now press and hold to activate the wireless button available on the printer
• Next, make sure your router has a WPS button, press it for at least 4-5 seconds
• Then the printer will find the wireless network and flash blue after connecting to the Wi-Fi router.
• Finally, the HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 printer has successfully connected to the wireless network
HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 wireless setup on Windows – 123.hp.com/dj2541
The steps to setup HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 are the same. Here are the steps for you to go through!
Here is a quick guide on setting up HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 wireless setup on Windows.
- Turn on the printer and connect it to the wifi router exactly as explained in the first section of the writeup.
- Now download and install the printer software. To perform the same, visit the 123.hp.com/dj2451 or 123.hp.com/dj2452
- Once Downloading Finished Double click on the Software and Complete the setup process by following the on screen instruction.
- Look and click the “Devices and Printers” option from the “Control Panel” section. Thereafter hit on “Add printer: option that is present on the top right corner of the new window.
- Here click on the name of your printer model from the list of printers.
- As the last step, click on the “Next’ option from the new window after which your HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 Wireless printer will get connected to Windows
Connect HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 Wired Printer Setup in Windows.
Here in this section, we need a simple guide on how to connect HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 printer setup in Windows using a USB cable.
• Turn on the printer. Do not connect the USB cable until prompted.
• Browse your computer system to find the required driver installation file, which can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/dj2451 or 2542.
• Now open the downloaded file to extract the installer. Then click “Run” to continue the installation process.
• Check the box to accept the terms of the “Configuration window and installation agreements”.
• Now, when prompted, connect the USB cable from your computer to the printer.
• Select the Device and carrier settings option in the Windows Control Panel search
• To continue, click the Add company button in the upper right corner, then select company model 2541 or 2542 from the list, press Next and wait a second.
• Congratulations, the HP Desktop Samples 2541 and 2542 are connected to Windows with a USB cable.
HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 Wireless Setup on Mac –
Before starting the steps in the procedure, it is important to ensure that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same wireless network.
• Now make sure your MAC and printer are on and also turn on your wireless router
• Next, connect the HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 printers to your Wi-Fi network by following the steps in the first section
• Go to 123.hp.com/dj2541 or 123.hp.com/dj2541 to download the driver software.
• Once the driver has been downloaded, the installation process on your MAC is complete.
• Then go to the Apple menu and select the System Preferences option. Now select “Printers and scanners”.
• If Windows prompts you after pressing Printers & Scanners, select the +Signature option to add it to the printer.
• Select the model number from the drop-down list
• After selection, is displayed in the upper right area
• Finally, the wireless setup process for HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 on MAC is complete
I hope you find this article helpful when looking for ways to configure your HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 printer for different media as mentioned above.
Keep reading this section to stay up to date on the latest technology changes!