- Set the default printer
If your primary printer is not set as the default, your order may be sent to other printers installed on your computer. Therefore, it is important to set the first HP printer as the default. This can be done through the following steps:
• Go to the Windows search bar and type Run.
• Type “Control Panel” in the “Run” dialog to open the Control Panel.
• When Control Panel opens, select Devices and Printers.
• On the next printer list screen, right-click the HP printer icon and select Set as Default Printer.
• Now, after completing the above steps, if a green check appears under the HP printer icon, the job is complete.
- Check Queue: Cancel orders to print documents
HP printers are often unable to receive print orders due to slow background printing traffic known as a “print queue”. So be sure to check for requests that have been blocked in the past and clear the print queue to keep up with new requests.
Follow the method below to solve offline printing problems.
• Open Control Panel from a browser on a Windows computer.
• Then open devices and printers.
• Then right-click the HP printer icon and select See what’s printing from the menu.
• Then click “Open as Administrator” from the printer menu.
• To cancel the previous print job, open the Printer menu and select Cancel All Documents.
Click “Yes” to confirm and you can now proceed with the printing process.
If you still can’t fix the problem, run the diagnostic tool to check the printer.
Printer diagnostic tool
- Choose the right driver for your system to fix HP printer driver problems
Sometimes a corrupted or damaged printer driver can prevent you from printing. So you need to update it to fix HP printer issues easily by following the below steps:
• First, open the Run dialog using the search bar in the system window.
Enter “devmgmt.msc” into a blank text field as shown in the screenshot below.
• Now a new window with “Device Manager” will open.
• Expand device manager firmware and double click on “System Firmware”.
• Now select the printer driver page.
• Then click “Update Driver”.
• Click auto search to update the driver software.
• Then wait for the update to download and watch the events.
• Finally, restart your computer to complete the update installation.
- There may be a problem with the HP Wi-Fi printer.
If all else fails to fix your Wi-Fi connection problem, follow these steps:
First, restart your devices like your printer, computer, and router.
• Then make sure your computer is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
• If a recent software update or installation is blocking the connection, try restoring a system backup.
• If you are setting up a new Wi-Fi network, set it up with the printer.
• Make sure the VPN is not connected when trying to establish a wireless connection to the printer.
• Update the printer’s IP address.
• If you still can’t connect your printer wirelessly, click here for more detailed instructions.
- Check for phantom errors when using HP printers.
Ghosting is a printing problem that occurs with HP laser printers. Printers also get damaged due to this issue and it can affect the overall performance of the laser printer.
So here are some tips for finding ghost bugs:
Storage and cleaning:
• Moisture can attack toner powder and cause it to grow. Therefore, it is recommended to store the printer in a dry place.
• Regular cleaning should be performed to avoid errors.
Check the oven group:
The oven temperature control unit can cause errors. To solve this problem, change the oven temperature. However, if you cannot control the temperature of your oven, we recommend that you have it replaced by a professional.
Adjust the paper settings
If you are using paper such as laser printer paper, make sure the paper layout matches the paper type. Adjusting the paper layout will almost always solve the ghosting problem almost immediately.
To repair or replace the photo driver:
Old drum units can cause ghosting errors, so it’s best to replace them with new ones. If the drum is new and the phantom error persists, call a professional.
- HP printer shows error 50.4
This error indicates a problem with the fuser or the wall outlet connected to the printer. Follow these steps to troubleshoot your HP printer:
• Turn off the printer first.
• If the printer is plugged into an unprotected power source, unplug it from the power cord and plug it into the wall outlet.
• Now open the right door of the printer.
• Move the two blue lights towards the center of the oven.
• Grasp the handle and push the latch on the right side of the door to unlock it.
• Now check the fuses for paper attack. If other sheets are attached, carefully remove them.
• Then lift the fuse box with the blue handle. Now install it on your HP printer.
• Remove the blue handle from the center of the fuse.
• Then close the right door and plug the power cord into the printer.
• Finally, turn on the printer when the problem is solved.
- Check for HP 50.4 printer errors.
This problem is caused by outdated firmware or software drivers. This problem can be easily solved by following these instructions:
• Turn off the printer first and wait 30 seconds before turning it back on.
• If you are using it, unplug the printer, plug it directly into the wall outlet, and turn it on.
• If the error persists, unplug the USB cable (if present) and check the firmware version. Also, if a new firmware version is available, download and install it.
• However, if the problem persists, delete all pending print jobs and repeat this procedure.
I hope these steps will help you diagnose and resolve common HP printer issues.